The program titled “Evolving Your Compliance Program: Lessons from our Experience” addressed the seven elements of an effective compliance program for any DSO.
Here are some key takeaways from the program:
- Compliance is a vital function regardless of the patient population served. It’s not optional.
- Your compliance program has no “finish line”, you should be continuously learning and evolving the program.
- The government’s “seven elements of an effective compliance program” provides a solid roadmap for what your compliance program should address.
- The Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA), while not dental focused, has tremendous resources for DSO compliance departments.
- While policies and procedures are important, fostering a “culture of compliance” in your organization is the ultimate goal.